Tips and Tricks for creating a more eco-friendly and healthy home:
Happy and healthy, it’s a way of life at Fresh Wave. And we are committed to helping create the best environment for you and your family. Our products have always been safe for people, pets, and the planet. And they always will be.
Making your home healthier doesn’t have to be a lot of work. We have some tips and tricks to share to help you create a cleaner and greener home.
- Skip Non-Stick: Non-stick cookware may be convenient and easy to clean, but did you know it could be harmful? When overheated, non-stick cookware can emit toxic fumes. Use cast iron or stainless steel pans to avoid the dangers of Teflon.
- Go Low: If you are planning to paint or seal wood, choose a product that emits low or no VOCs. Low-toxic, low-odor, water-based adhesives and caulks are the best choices as they emit fewer fumes and quickly stop releasing chemicals.
- Big on Bamboo: Bamboo is a fast growing grass that can be selectively harvested, which reduces our dependence on limited timber sources. Bamboo flooring is extremely durable and harder than oak or maple. Bamboo can even be fabricated into different styles and patterns for countertops and be prefinished with a food safe mineral-oil or beeswax finish.
- Filter, filter, filter: Plenty of water is vital to health and filtering your drinking water will make you healthier from the inside out. Activated carbon filters- whether a pitcher, tap-mounted- or under sink model – can cut the lead, chlorine, and other contaminates.
- Filter Air Naturally: Indoor air pollutants have been ranked among the top environmental risks to public health. But houseplants help! Plants help remove chemicals like formaldehyde, VOCs, and purify the air to create a safer and cleaner (and prettier!) home.
- Sleep it off: Your computer isn’t exactly sleeping. Even in the sleep mode, your computer is still sucking up energy. Turn your computer and monitor off at the end of the day to create an eco-friendly workspace.
- Recycle: This one you probably already know –but tossing recyclable materials in those special bins saves energy, reduces landfills, preserves our resources, and protects wildlife. Job well done!
- Make the Swap: It’s a simple, easy switch. Swap harsh chemical products for those made with natural ingredients, even if it’s only one product – starting with Fresh Wave. At Fresh Wave, our mission has always been clear: removing odors using only natural ingredients. Because we want you and your family living happy, healthy, odor-free.